The Senior Software Tester will contribute primarily in creating test strategy, test plan, test estimation of the application. Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans, test scenarios and test cases
- Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts is documented and maintained.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs. Identify and log defects in defect management tool like JIRA.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Act as the single point of contact between Development and Testers.
- Communicate and interact with peers and multiple stakeholders.
- 5+ years of experience in software testing of windows and web based applications.
- Proven work experience in software development and in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications. Create clear, concise detail oriented test plans/cases.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Git/JIRA/Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with security testing is a plus
- Strong logical and analytical skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent.